- Uruguay hosting this year’s FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup
- Deyna Morales expected to be one of La Celeste‘s star players
- Midfielder likens herself to Alvaro Recoba and Toni Kroos
Deyna Morales was 9 when she began personification for her hometown bar San Jacinto. Though she was a usually lady in a youth team, it did not reason her back. Such was her talent, integrity and stability that a bar was changed to set adult a possess womenâ€™s team, a springboard for a expansion of a womenâ€™s diversion in a area.
The mould-breaking Morales is now 16 and is readying herself for a biggest plea of her brief footballing career: captaining a horde republic during a FIFA U-17 Womenâ€™s World Cup Uruguay 2018.
â€œFootballâ€™s been a passion of cave ever given we can remember,â€ Morales told FIFA.com. â€œI felt a bit broke to start with, like each lady we think, yet a boys speedy me. Now we see a lot of girls playing. we feel as if we helped make that occur and it creates me proud.â€
The Deyna Morales fact file
- Born on 19 Sep 2001
- Predominantly right footed, she still plays for San Jacinto
- She was 14 when she seemed during her initial U-17 Womenâ€™s South American championships, in Venezuela in 2016
- Scored dual goals in a competition, both from a chastisement spot
Despite her pioneering achievements during San Jacinto, Deyna does not feel she is unique: â€œI consider each lady who plays a diversion has helped change Uruguayan womenâ€™s football.â€Â
The executive midfielder added: â€œItâ€™s flourishing quick and a World Cup will move some-more support. People will be articulate about womenâ€™s football, that will beget seductiveness and get people examination a games. The impact can usually be positive.â€
Asked about a outcome a contest can have in a segment as a whole, Morales said: â€œThe fact that itâ€™s being hold in such a large footballing republic as Uruguay is a source of proclivity in itself. Itâ€™s also a initial U-17 Womenâ€™s World Cup be hold in South America, that should also give all a programmes a boost.â€
What are her attributes?
- Her manager Ariel Longo: â€œShe can understanding with any situation, as she showed during a South American Championships in 2016. Sheâ€™s good with both her feet, she can switch a play, she plays with her conduct adult and she can be burning during times. Sheâ€™s got a lot of character, that is because sheâ€™s a captain.â€
- Deyna on Deyna: â€œIâ€™m a executive midfielder, utterly technical, and we can measure goals. If we need to get brazen to score, we give it all we have. Iâ€™m a bit like Alvaro Recoba, here in Uruguay, or Toni Kroos (laughs). In womenâ€™s football we admire Marta, Alex Morgan and Carli Lloyd.â€
Does a vigour of being World Cup hosts shock her?
â€œNo. Iâ€™m certain a fans will wish us to win, yet theyâ€™ll support us no matter how a formula go. Uruguayan people unequivocally get behind their inhabitant teams, and itâ€™ll be a same with us.â€
â€œIâ€™ve got two: winning a World Cup and creation a vital from football. Thatâ€™s my usually idea right now. we know itâ€™s not easy to go and do that in Uruguay, that is because Iâ€™m deliberation a choice of going abroad. Things will change here with a World Cup, though. Weâ€™ll only have to wait and see.â€
Did we know?
- As a horde nation, Uruguay validate automatically for a FIFA U-17 Womenâ€™s World Cup 2018.
- The Uruguayans will but take partial in a South American qualifiers for a competition, to be hold in Argentina on 7-24 March.
- The contest will see dual teams validate for a universe finals in a age group.Â
- If La Celeste finish initial or second, a organisation holding third place will go to a World Cup.