— Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
The San Francisco 49ers are about to go head-to-head with the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl LIV, and you know what that means: awesome deals on TV and home theater products galore.
You’ve got just a little under two weeks before Super Bowl 54 kicks off on February 2nd, so now’s not the time to fumble your super bowl plans. If you’ve been planning on tackling a new TV or soundbar, the discounts during the lead up to the Super Bowl make this one of the best times to make a purchase.
Here at Reviewed, we are home theater tech superfans—we test TVs, soundbars, and home theater equipment all year round to find the best stuff, and most of what’s recommended here has had hands-on testing in our labs, so we know it’s a home run. Er, touchdown. Sports.
Best deals on smaller TVs
There’s no shame in buying a “smaller” HDTV. If you don’t have a ton of money to spend or just don’t have a lot of space, you can still get a great TV for watching the Super Bowl—as well as movies, TV shows, and whatever else.
Here are our favorite deals on 30- to 40-inch TVs you can get right now:
- Get the 32-inch Sceptre X322BV-SR from Walmart for $85 (Save $64.99) — This 32-inch Sceptre is very basic (it has HD or 720p resolution, no smart features, and only two HDMI inputs), but it’s still a steal at less than $100. Just don’t expect mind-blowing picture quality.
- Get the 32-inch Sceptre A322BV-SRC from Amazon for $129.97 (Save $20) — Another 32-inch option from Sceptre, this one is “smart” (meaning it connects to the internet), though it still only has 720p resolution. But it’s brand new for 2020, and getting it for under $150 is pretty awesome.
- Get the 43-inch TCL 43S425 from Walmart for $229.99 (Save $200) — When TCL’s “4 Series” hit the market last year, we grabbed one up for review and absolutely loved it. You’re getting a 43-inch 4K Roku TV for under $250, and that’s a rad deal.
- Get the 43-inch TCL 43S525 from Amazon for $259.99 (Save $240) — A step up from the 4 Series, the TCL 5 Series gives you 4K resolution, HDR compatibility, and the built-in Roku platform for under $300. That’s a spicy meat-a-ball.
Best deals on mid-sized TVs
This is the size range we imagine most folks will be shopping in: between 50 and 60-ish inches. While a 50-inch TV is plenty big, you can still find great deals on them in time for the Super Bowl. Check these dealsout:
- Get the 50-inch Samsung UN50NU6900 from Walmart for $295 (Save $33) — This is one of Samsung’s entry-level 4K/HDR TVs from 2019, but it’s still one of the better 50-inch bargains out there. You’re getting a lot of cool tech and features, plus a pretty sizable screen, for a very reasonable price.
- Get the 55-inch LG OLED55C9PUA from Walmart for $1,496.99 (Save $1,003) — Your eyes might be skyrocketing out of your head over this price, but buyer be aware: This isn’t your average TV. This LG OLED was the best TV we tested in 2019 thanks to its insanely good contrast, hyper-vivid colors, and smorgasbord of fancy features. Saving $1,000 on it makes it the perfect game day companion.
- Get the 55-inch Samsung QN55Q60R from Amazon for $697.99 (Save $500) — This 55-inch Samsung is one of the company’s “QLED” models from 2019, meaning it’s amongst Samsung’s best TVs and offers 4K, HDR, quantum dot color, and sleek smart features. You can save $500 on this beauty just in time for game day.
- Get the 55-inch Sony XBR-55X950G from Amazon for $998 (Save $201.99) — The X950G series was one of Sony’s top models in 2019, and—considering the wave of 2020 TVs haven’t hit the market yet—it’s still one of the best TVs in this size class you can buy, offering 4K resolution, excellent HDR, and Sony’s usual attention to detail.
- Get the 55-inch Sony XBR-55X800G from Walmart for $688 (Save $210) — If you don’t want to spend $1,000 but still want a rock-solid HDTV from Sony, the X800G is an upper midrange model that’s sure to impress. It’s also a 4K/HDR set with Android smart features, and you can get it for less than $700 in time for the Super Bowl.
- Get the 55-inch TCL 55S425 from Amazon for $269.55 (Save $330.44) — You can also find the affordable but respectable TCL 4 Series in a 55-inch size. This is a lot of TV for under $300, and if you want a good-sized screen but don’t want to spend a lot, this is the one to go with.
- Get the 55-inch TCL 55R617 from Walmart for $499 (Save $400) — TCL’s “6 Series” has been one of our absolute favorite TVs for the last couple of years. As performance-to-price goes, it boasts more value than 95% of the TV market. You can get the 55-inch 6 Series for an absolutely stellar price just in time for the big game.
- Get the 55-inch Vizio M556-G4 from Walmart for $358 (Save $140) — The Vizio M-Series Quantum was one of our best value options in 2019, giving you a solid 4K/HDR TV equipped with quantum dots to give it the same color production as models that were three times as expensive. You can save a decent amount on one of Vizio’s best value options in time for Bowl No. 54.
- Get the 58-inch Samsung UN58RU7100 from Walmart for $497.99 (Save $152) — If you want to get an extra-big mid-sized TV, this 58-inch 4K/HDR smart TV from Samsung is sure to drop some jaws at your Super Bowl party. There’s bigger TVs out there, but you’re not going to find any that look this good for less than $500.
Best deals on big TVs
Look, the smaller TVs on this list might be more practical, but are they big enough for an event like Super Bowl LIV? I’m not saying you’re going to regret not going really big for the big game, but if you think you might, these are the best pre-Super Bowl deals on 65+ inch TVs we found.
- Get the 65-inch Samsung UN65RU8000 from Amazon for $797.99 (Save $700) — The RU8000 wasn’t one of Samsung’s fanciest TVs last year, but it’s still a darn good one, and saving $700 on the big 65-inch version is definitely Super Bowl worthy. Naturally you’re getting 4K resolution, HDR compatibility, smart features—what are you waiting for?
- Get the 65-inch Samsung QN65Q60R from Walmart for $897.99 (Save $1,001.99) — This is one of Samsung’s fancy “QLED” models, and saving $1,000 on the 65-inch version for the Super Bowl is an awesome deal. You get all the usual high-end goodies as well as quantum dots, which headily improve color saturation. The gridiron never looked so green!
- Get the 65-inch Sony XBR-65Z9F from Best Buy for $1,799.99 (Save $1,700) — If you’ve got some extra cash to spend on your TV upgrade, this is one of the best deals on the list. The Z9F was a legendary 2019 model from Sony—one of the year’s most jaw-dropping LED TVs—and you can save almost $2,000 on it from Best Buy.
- Get the 65-inch TCL 65R625 from Amazon for $699 (Save $400.99) — This is the 65-inch version of TCL’s hyper-valuable 6 Series, meaning you get 4K res, the Roku platform, and very good HDR performance for a serious steal of a price.
- Get the 75-inch TCL 75S425 from Walmart for $799.99 (Save $500) — If you want an extra big TV, you can get this huge 75-inch version of the respectable TCL 4 Series for $800 right now. It won’t be the best-looking TV on the list, but at this size, you’re still going to be quite impressed.
- Get the 82-inch Samsung QN82Q60R from Walmart for $1,997.99 (Save $1,802) — If you want one of the biggest TVs around and also want to save almost $2,000 on it, this Samsung is the big boy to buy for the Big Bowl. Just make sure you measure your living room first—this TV is seriously huge.
Best deals on soundbars
Okay, maybe you don’t need a new TV at all, or maybe you also want to upgrade your sound system while you’re at it. After all, the best companion to a bigger, flashier screen is bigger, bassier sound, right?
Especially if you ever have trouble hearing what the sportscasters are saying, a soundbar is a great way to clarify dialogue against background noise. Here are our favorite soundbar deals:
- Get the Samsung HW-R550 2.1-channel soundbar from Amazon for $177.99 (Save $102)
- Get the Bose SoundTouch 300 from Amazon for $399 (Save $300)
- Get the Bose Solo 5 soundbar from Amazon for $179 (Save $20)
- Get the Samsung HW-R60M 3.1-channel soundbar from Walmart for $187.99 (Save $112)
- Get the Vizio 5.1-channel surround sound system from Walmart for $198 (Save $30)
Prices were accurate at the time this article was published but may change over time.
Article source: http://rssfeeds.usatoday.com/~/616993970/0/usatoday-techtopstories~The-most-amazing-Super-Bowl-TV-deals-at-Walmart-Amazon-Best-Buy-and-more/