Amazon recently issued a small update to the Amazon Echo and other devices with the Amazon Alexa AI installed. If youâ€™re a fan of Star Trek (or Radio Head), you can now say â€œComputerâ€ or â€œOK Computerâ€ instead of â€œHey Alexa.â€ Itâ€™s really easy to do, so weâ€™ll walk you through how to change the proper settings.
- Open up the Alexa app on a smartphone paired with an Echo
- Tap the hamburger menu icon at the top-left of the screen
- Tap Settings
- Tap the Echo you want to change
- Scroll to â€œWake Wordâ€
- Tap the drop-down menu that says â€œAlexaâ€
- From here youâ€™ll be able to select other options, including â€œAmazon,â€ â€œEchoâ€ and, yep, â€œComputer.â€
- Select Computer
Youâ€™re all set! Now you can say â€œHey Computer,â€ or â€œOK Computerâ€ to pull up the Alexa AI whenever you want. Iâ€™m still waiting for Jarvis.