Slavia Praha became a initial organisation to equivocate better during Sevilla in this UEFA Europa League debate with an astonishing 2-2 pull in Andalusia, environment adult a rarely expected lapse in a Czech capital, where Slavia are on a run of 4 unbroken purify sheets.
• Slavia done it by a UEFA Europa League organisation theatre for a initial time, finishing runners-up to Zenit in Group C with 10 points. They knocked Genk out of a turn of 32 with a 4-1 second-leg win in Belgium following a 0-0 pull in Prague.
• Sevilla were too clever for Lazio in a turn of 32, winning 1-0 in Rome and 2-0 in Seville. They had had to wait until matchday 6 to sign their place in a knockout phase, defeating Krasnodar 3-0 during home to finish above them during a tip of Group J on a head-to-head rule.
• Wissam Ben Yedder’s idea after usually 24 seconds – his fifth in 4 UEFA Europa League games and seventh of a foe – gave Sevilla an early advantage in a initial leg, though Slavia responded with a fantastic Miroslav Stoch equaliser, and a visitors came from behind a second time when a felicitous idea from defender Alex Král – his initial in Europe – cancelled out Munir’s strike before half-time.
• Sevilla kick Slavia 4-2 during home and 3-0 divided in 2007/08 as both clubs done their entrance in a UEFA Champions League organisation stage. Sevilla strikers Luís Fabiano and Frédéric Kanouté were on aim in both games.
• Slavia have posted usually one win in 11 games opposite Spanish antithesis – and even that victory, 2-0 during home to Celta Vigo in a 2003/04 UEFA Champions League third subordinate round, was deficient to secure swell following a first-leg 3-0 better in Galicia. Their many new home tie opposite Spanish visitors finished 0-2 opposite Villarreal in final season’s UEFA Europa League organisation stage.
• Sevilla have never mislaid in 8 UEFA encounters opposite Czech antithesis and have a record of W2 D2 in a Czech Republic. They have already faced a Czech bar this season, overcoming Sigma Olomouc 4-0 on total in a play-offs (1-0 away, 3-0 home).
• As runners-up to Viktoria Plzeň in a 2017/18 Czech Liga, Slavia warranted a mark in a UEFA Champions League third subordinate round, where better by Dynamo Kyiv (1-1 home, 0-2 away) sent them into a UEFA Europa League organisation stage. They won a Czech Cup final term, defeating Jablonec 3-1 in a final.
• Slavia’s dual prior UEFA Europa League organisation theatre campaigns, in 2009/10 and 2017/18, both finished unsuccessfully, though they done it third time propitious this term, scoring usually 4 goals in their 6 games though finishing above København and Bordeaux.
• UEFA Cup semi-finalists in 1995/96, Slavia’s many new coming in a final 16 of a European foe was in a 2002/03 UEFA Cup, when they were knocked out by Beşiktaş (1-0 home, 2-4 away).
• The Prague bar have nonetheless to concur during home in any of their 4 UEFA Europa League fixtures this term, violence Bordeaux (1-0) and Zenit (2-0) and sketch 0-0 opposite København and Genk. They are undefeated in their final 5 European home fixtures (W2 D3).
• Slavia have won 5 of a 7 UEFA foe ties in that they have drawn a divided initial leg, next on all 3 occasions when a scoreline has been 2-2, many recently opposite Mouscron of Belgium in a 2002/03 UEFA Cup initial turn (5-1 home). Their usually dual eliminations have been on a divided goals order after a goalless initial leg.
• Although they were UEFA Champions League quarter-finalists final term, seventh place in Spain’s Liga meant that Sevilla’s initial compare behind in a UEFA Europa League given their 2016 final success opposite Liverpool was in a second subordinate round. They went on to win 6 of out 6 in qualifying, violence Újpest, Žalgiris Vilnius and Olomouc home and away.
• Sevilla surfaced Group J with 12 points, scoring 18 goals – a many of any of a 48 clubs in a organisation stage. Their dual defeats both came on a highway – 1-2 during Krasnodar and 0-1 during Standard Liège.
• This is Sevilla’s fifth coming in a UEFA Europa League knockout proviso and fourth in a turn of 16, where they have a ideal record. En track to winning a foe 3 times in a quarrel from 2013/14 to 2015/16, they claimed last-16 successes against, respectively, city rivals Real Betis (0-2 home, 2-0 away, 4-3 on pens), Villarreal (3-1 away, 2-1 home) and Basel (0-0 away, 3-0 home).
• Sevilla have won 12 of their 15 European games this season, racking adult 40 goals and surrender nine. However, they have claimed feat in usually 3 of their final 8 fixtures outward Spain in a UEFA Europa League proper, one of that was a 3-1 better of Liverpool in a 2016 final.
• There have been 7 prior instances of Sevilla sketch a initial leg of a UEFA tie during home and they have won 4 of those ties, including all of a final three, among them a turn of 16 win over Shakhtar Donetsk in their trophy-winning 2006/07 UEFA Cup debate when they followed adult a 2-2 home pull with a 3-2 divided win. That is a usually prior arise that Sevilla were hold 2-2 during home in a initial leg.
Links and trivia
• Tomáš Vaclík is a Czech Republic general and played in his homeland for Vítkovice (2007–10), Viktoria Žižkov (2010–12) and Sparta Praha (2012–14). While he was during Žižkov, stream Slavia trainer Jindřich Trpišovský and goalkeeping manager Štěpán Kolář were on a club’s staff.
• Vaclík played opposite Slavia in a Czech fasten on 6 occasions, once for Žižkov and 5 times for Sparta (W4 D1 L1).
• Sevilla’s 3 new mid-season arrivals all played in this season’s UEFA Champions League organisation theatre – Maximilian Wöber for Ajax, Munir El Haddadi for Barcelona and Marko Rog for Napoli.
• Slavia’s Jan signing Lukáš Masopust done 3 appearances for Jablonec in this season’s UEFA Europa League organisation stage.
• Sevilla are one of usually dual clubs concerned in a turn of 16 to have won a UEFA Europa League, alongside 2012/13 champions Chelsea. There are 5 others who, like Sevilla (2005/06 and 2006/07), carried a prize in a prior guise as a UEFA Cup.
• Sevilla became a fifth side to measure 100 goals in a UEFA Europa League, organisation theatre to final, when Wissam Ben Yedder non-stop a scoring in a turn of 32 second-leg win opposite Lazio.
• With 7 goals Ben Yedder has assimilated Salzburg’s Munas Dabbur as a heading scorer in this season’s UEFA Europa League, organisation theatre to final. Sevilla, with 23 goals, are a corner top-scoring organisation in a competition, alongside Eintracht Frankfurt.
• Slavia’s 4 goals in a organisation theatre was a fewest by any of a 32 competent teams, including a 8 who finished third in their UEFA Champions League group. They doubled that total in a turn of 32 second-leg win during Genk.
• Slavia are one of 4 clubs concerned in a turn of 16 who have never formerly participated during this connection of a UEFA Europa League; Eintracht Frankfurt, Dinamo Zagreb and Rennes are a others.
• Sevilla are a longest flourishing organisation in this season’s UEFA Europa League, carrying started in a second subordinate round.
• Slavia’s record in dual UEFA chastisement shoot-outs is W2 L0:
5-4 v Schalke, 1998/99 UEFA Cup initial round
4-3 v Žilina, 2007/08 UEFA Champions League second subordinate round
• Sevilla’s record in 6 UEFA chastisement shoot-outs is W5 L1:
4-3 v PAOK, 1990/91 UEFA Cup initial round
3-1 v Espanyol, 2006/07 UEFA Cup final
2-3 v Fenerbahçe, 2007/08 UEFA Champions League turn of 16
4-3 v Real Betis, 2013/14 UEFA Europa League turn of 16
4-2 v Benfica, 2013/14 UEFA Europa League final
5-4 v Athletic Club, 2015/16 UEFA Europa League quarter-final
• Heavily shabby by Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp, Jindřich Trpišovský started out as a girl manager during Sparta Praha before impressing with his work during second-division Viktoria Žižkov. He afterwards took over during Slovan Liberec in 2017, heading a bar into a UEFA Europa League organisation theatre dual seasons running. He left Liberec for Slavia in Dec 2017 and won a Czech Cup with a Prague outfit a following spring.
• Pablo Machín was allocated by Sevilla as their new conduct manager on a two-year agreement in May 2018 – a prerogative for 4 on-going campaigns during a helm of Catalan outfit Girona, whom he guided into a Spanish tip moody before surpassing expectations by heading them to a tenth-placed Liga finish in 2017/18. Forced to retire from personification during 23, he had a extensive organisation with home-town bar Numancia before fasten Girona in 2014. This is his initial deteriorate on a European stage.
Article source: https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2019/matches/round=2000992/match=2026914/prematch/background/index.html?rss=2593658+Slavia+Praha+v+Sevilla+background