The Netherlands and Denmark will replay a UEFA Women’s EURO 2017 final while Belgium face Switzerland in a FIFA Women’s World Cup play-off semis, after a pull was done in Nyon.
The play-offs, involving a four subordinate organisation runners-up with a best record opposite a sides first, third and fourth in their sections, will confirm a final of Europe’s 9 berths (including hosts France) for subsequent summer’s tournament.
Semi-final pull (two legs, 1–9 October)
Netherlands v Denmark
- The Netherlands kick Denmark twice during UEFA Women’s EURO 2017, including 4-2 in a final.
- In all, a Netherlands are on a run of 7 true wins opposite Denmark, many recently during a 2018 Algarve Cup.
- The Netherlands competent for their initial World Cup in 2015 around a play-offs; Denmark missed out in 2003 and 2011 around that method, carrying final done it in 2007, directly around their group.
Belgium v Switzerland
- Belgium are aiming to obey Scotland in earning a World Cup entrance subsequent year, and are in their initial play-off.
- Switzerland mislaid in a 2011 play-offs yet competent around their organisation 4 years later.
- These teams have not played competitively given Apr 2008, yet they drew 2-2 during final year’s Cyprus Cup.
Final pull (two legs, 5–13 November)
Netherlands/Denmark v Belgium/Switzerland
Already competent from UEFA: France (hosts), England, Germany, Norway, Italy, Scotland, Spain, Sweden
Other qualifiers: Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Japan, South Korea, Thailand
Places to be filled:
3 from Africa
1 from Europe
3 from North/Central America
1 from Oceania
1 from play-off between Argentina and 4th-placed North/Central American side
Finals draw: 8 Dec 2018, Paris
Finals: 7 June–7 Jul 2019, France
Article source: https://www.uefa.com/womensworldcup/news/newsid=2569545.html?rss=2569545+Play-offs:+Netherlands-Denmark,+Belgium-Switzerland