Universal Orlando’s newest attraction, Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon, will strictly open Apr 6. While Jimmy Fallon”s in Orlando, a “Tonight Show” horde will film some episodes here. Photos by Tim Shortt and video by Jennifer Sangalang, FLORIDA TODAY.
ORLANDO — It’s reduction than a month compartment curtain, though Jimmy Fallon is prepared for you.
Well, his float is anyway.
Universal Orlando Resort hosted a media preview of a newest captivate Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon on Tuesday. Universal executives call it a world’s initial drifting theater. You are a assembly and Jimmy, of course, is a host.
It strictly opens Apr 6. Till then, here’s what we know, interjection to Jason Surrell, artistic executive for Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon.
Related:Universal Orlando preps for Jimmy Fallon ride, Volcano Bay
It is not a drum coaster. The float is a computer-generated simulator. Big difference, though still unequivocally entertaining. Fallon apparently told a Today show that he’s removing a drum coaster. It was never meant to be a drum coaster. Said Surrell: “It was Jimmy being excited” when he pronounced that.
Fallon wants a ride. But what?
At first, Universal struggled perplexing to find a right story to tell. “Late night speak uncover doesn’t indispensably roar disturb float to people,” Surrell explained. “It was unequivocally critical to us to try to come adult with an knowledge that felt organic, that felt like it emerged from a universe of Jimmy Fallon and a Tonight Show.”
The Universal group watched hundreds of hours of DVR-ed Tonight Shows to figure this out. In a end, it was a dumb luminary races. Said Surrell: “It gives us a vehicle, it gives us motion, it gives us a crazy route.”
Instead of a Hemsworth Cup, named after brothers Chris and Liam, it’s a Tonight Show Cup, and it’s a ultimate prize.
Tickets to a Tonight Show
Not available. Fallon will film some episodes during Universal Orlando a week of Apr 3-6. However, according to a Tonight Show ticket website, tickets to his Orlando shows and monologues are sole out. Also, guest are TBD.
Fun Fallon float facts
• Before Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon, Universal asked a comedian to horde a tram debate during Universal Studios Hollywood, that debuted in 2011.
• #JimmyFallonRide transposed Universal Orlando’s Twister attraction, that transposed Ghostbusters.
A couple has been posted to your Facebook feed.
- 1 of 21
- 2 of 21
- 3 of 21
- 4 of 21
- 5 of 21
- 6 of 21
- 7 of 21
- 8 of 21
- 9 of 21
- 10 of 21
- 11 of 21
- 12 of 21
- 13 of 21
- 14 of 21
- 15 of 21
- 16 of 21
- 17 of 21
- 18 of 21
- 19 of 21
- 20 of 21
- 21 of 21
• Universal’s perplexing to fight prolonged lines with a new system: A practical line experience. There’s no tangible station in line. Guests will squeeze a tone add-on or download Universal’s app, afterwards they’re giveaway to rally via a 30 Rock building — upstairs, downstairs or unresolved during a interactive tables. Once they get an app presentation or a tone from a NBC peacock trademark starts flashing, guest are prepared to ride.
• Universal done New York a literal, loyal co-star of a show. “New York City is something that flattering most transcends all borders,” Surrell said. “Even if you’re not indispensably informed with who Jimmy Fallon is, you’ll get to see Times Square, a Statue of Liberty, a Empire State Building …”
• The Ragtime Gals will move to life a series of sketches from a Tonight Show. On TV, it’s a bit that’s meant to be funny, though these musicians are amazing. Other facilities embody Jimmy Fallon appreciate we notes, Tonight Show history (did we know there were 6 hosts?), and a Tonight Shop present shop.
• Meet a Tonight Show mascot Hashtag a Panda. He signs autographs, too. But don’t design some-more than a hashtag.
Easter eggs (spoiler alert)
Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon has a few Easter eggs or dark gems: Fallon’s family creates an coming in a float and so do dual Universal writers. A blue shirt identical to a one ragged by a late actor Bill Paxton in Twister is unresolved adult in one of a window displays. There’s also a Twister reference.
Follow Jennifer Sangalang on Twitter: @byjensangalang
Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon opens Apr 6 with special guest Jimmy Fallon during Universal Orlando, 6000 Universal Blvd. Single-day single-park tickets start during $110 for adults. Call 407-363-8000 or revisit universalorlando.com.
Article source: http://rssfeeds.usatoday.com/~/279638458/0/usatodaycomtravel-topstories~Jimmy-Fallon-ride-in-Orlando-Heres-what-we-know/