Italy will find to extend their dominant UEFA European Under-21 Championship record opposite Poland to 5 matches when a teams accommodate in Bologna in a second turn of Group A games.
• Both teams were winning in their initial fixtures after surrender a initial goal, Italy violence Spain 3-1 while Poland picked adult their initial ever finals feat by overcoming Belgium 3-2 in a tournament’s opening match.
• Italy have not mislaid in 4 rival U21 matches opposite Poland, nonetheless this will be a teams’ initial tie in a final tournament. The sides final crossed paths in a play-offs for a 2002 edition, a Azzurrini winning 5-2 in a Warsaw initial leg and by a same total measure following a goalless pull in Reggio Calabria.
• The countries common dual 1-1 draws in subordinate for a 1998 tournament, nonetheless conjunction reached a finals in Romania.
• Alessandro Bastoni, Nicolò Zaniolo and surrogate Sandro Tonali were in a Italy side that kick Poland 4-3 in a European U19 Championship chosen turn in Mar 2018.
• Italy have competent for 10 of a 12 final tournaments given 1998. They have reached a semi-finals or improved in 6 of those before 9 appearances, claiming a prize in 2000 and 2004.
• Italy were also champions for 3 tournaments using between 1992 and 1996, and reached a 1986 final.
• Despite a matchday one better of Spain, a Azzurrini have still won usually 4 of their final 9 matches in a final contest (D1 L4).
• Italy have played 17 friendlies given 1 Sep 2017 (W7 D4 L6). The usually win in their final 6 before to this contest came opposite Tunisia, 2-0 in Oct 2018 (D2 L3), a four-match winless run finale with that opening-night feat opposite Spain.
• Poland are in a final contest for a second time; dual years ago, as hosts, they finished fourth in Group A behind England, Slovakia and Sweden carrying picked adult one indicate from their 3 matches.
• That was a Poles’ initial entrance in a U21 finals in a competition’s stream guise; they had formerly reached a quarter-finals in 1994, losing 5-1 over dual legs opposite Portugal (1-3 home, 0-2 away).
• Those 1994 matches noted Poland’s fifth entrance in a final eight; they were also separated during that theatre in 1982, 1984, 1986 and 1992.
• Although undefeated in their subordinate section, Poland had to be calm with second place in Group 3 behind Denmark. The Poles took 22 points from their 10 matches – one reduction than a Danes – winning 6 of their fixtures and sketch a other four. They afterwards separated Portugal in a play-offs, recuperating from a first-leg home better (0-1) to win 3-1 away.
• The better of Belgium was Poland’s initial organisation theatre feat in a final contest during a fourth attempt, after a pull and dual defeats.
Links and trivia
• Several of Poland’s patrol have played in Italy:
Dawid Kownacki (Sampdoria 2017-)
Paweł Bochniewicz (Reggina 2012–14, Udinese 2014-)
Adam Buksa (Novara 2013–14)
• In further Szymon Żurkowski (Fiorentina) and Filip Jagiełło (Genoa) will pierce to Italy this summer.
• Poland captain Dawid Kownacki was a tip scorer in a subordinate competition, with 11 goals – 10 in a organisation stage, including 6 penalties, and another in a play-offs.
• Four of Italy’s U21 patrol represented a comparison inhabitant group in this month’s UEFA EURO 2020 subordinate wins opposite Greece in Athens (3-0) and Bosnia Herzegovina in Turin (2-1). Nicolò Barella played 90 mins in both games, opening a scoring opposite Greece, with Federico Chiesa starting and Lorenzo Pellegrini entrance off a dais in Athens. Gianluca Mancini also started opposite Bosnia Herzegovina, Chiesa appearing as a half-time substitute.
Article source: https://www.uefa.com/under21/season=2019/matches/round=2000799/match=2025975/prematch/background/index.html?rss=2605561+Italy+v+Poland+facts