France face Croatia in a UEFA European Under-21 Championship for a initial time in a second spin of Group C games, with final year’s accessible suggesting a tighten contest.
• It looked as if France’s debate would open with a better as they trailed ten-man England 1-0 going into a shutting stages on matchday one, Moussa Dembélé and Houssem Aouar carrying both missed penalties, though Jonathan Ikoné’s 89th-minute equaliser was followed by an Aaron Wan-Bissaka possess idea 4 mins into combined time as Sylvain Ripoll’s side engineered a thespian late turnaround.
• Croatia, meanwhile, contingency demeanour to respond fast carrying kicked off with a 4-1 detriment opposite Romania.
• This is a initial rival tie between a teams.
• The sides common a 2-2 accessible pull in a French city of Beauvais final autumn. Jean-Philippe Mateta gave a home side a 14th-minute lead usually for strikes possibly side of half-time from Alen Halilović (36) and Filip Uremović (55) to spin a compare in Croatia’s foster before Jonathan Bamba warranted a pull 8 mins from time.
• The teams during a Stade Pierre-Brisson on 14 Nov 2018 were:
France: Larsonneur, Amian (Mukiele 79), Diop, Niakhate (Upamecano 64), Ballo-Touré (Nsoki 80), Coco, Tousart (Sissoko 64), Guendouzi, Ikoné (Reine-Adélaïde 73), Terrier (Bamba 64), Mateta (Saint-Maximin 73).
Croatia: Grbić, Uremović, Katić, Pongračić, Mamić, Ivanušec, Šunjić, Moro, Halilović, Jakoliš (Babić 79), Bradarić (Mudražija 68).
• Paul Bernardoni and Lucas Tousart, and surrogate Marcus Thuram, helped France to a 2-0 organisation theatre win opposite Croatia during a 2016 European U19 Championship, that they went on to win. Josip Brekalo, Luka Ivanušec, Marijan Čabraja and surrogate Nikola Moro featured for Croatia.
• Halilović was in a Croatia organisation that kick France 1-0 in a U17 EURO chosen spin in Mar 2013. Olivier Ntcham and Dembélé featured for France; Ivo Grbić was an new Croatia substitute.
• France have not featured in a final contest given 2006, when they mislaid 3-2 after additional time to contingent champions a Netherlands in a semi-finals. This is only their third coming in an 8 or 12-team finals; they finished as runners-up on a other occasion, in 2002.
• Champions in 1988, France finished third in 1996 and fourth dual years earlier, also reaching a quarter-finals in 1982, 1984 and 1986.
• Since reaching a 2006 finals, 4 of France’s 6 U21 campaigns have finished in a play-offs – in 2007, 2009, 2013 and 2015. They finished second behind North Macedonia in their 2017 subordinate section.
• This time round, Ripoll’s organisation won their initial 9 fixtures, sketch a final 1-1 during home to Slovenia, to win subordinate Group 9 by 12 points. They competent with dual games to spare, their final total of 28 points a tip available by any team.
• The pull with Slovenia finished France’s 11-match winning run in rival internationals, going behind to a 1-0 detriment in Ukraine in Sep 2016. That is France’s solitary better in their final 20 European U21 Championship matches (W16 D3).
• Matchday one extended France’s winning run in organisation games during a U21 finals to seven; they available 3 victories in both 2002 and 2006.
• Dayot Upamecano, Jeff Reine-Adélaïde and Ikoné were all in a France patrol that won 2015 U17 EURO.
• Bernardoni, Tousart and Thuram were all members of France’s 2016 European U19 Championship-winning squad, Tousart scoring in a 4-0 final feat opposite Italy.
• Croatia are finale a 15-year wait to underline in a final tournament; a many new of their dual prior appearances came in 2004 when, as on their 2000 debut, they finished bottom of their territory carrying unsuccessful to win a game, sketch one and losing dual on any occasion.
• Having mislaid to Romania, Croatia’s record in a final contest organisation theatre is now W0 D2 L5 F8 A15.
• Croatia have mislaid in a play-offs 3 times given their final finals appearance, in 2006 (Serbia and Montenegro, 2-5 on aggregate), 2011 (Spain, 1-5 agg) and 2015 (England, 2-4 agg).
• This time round, Croatia finished tip of subordinate Group 1 with 25 points from their 10 games (W8 D1 L1). A shutting run of 4 unbroken victories, with 14 goals scored and nothing conceded, valid essential – quite a 2-0 win during home to Greece in their penultimate tie that eventually took Nenad Gračan’s organisation by on head-to-head record after a teams had finished turn on points.
Links and trivia
• Croatia midfielder Toma Bašić has been a Bordeaux actor given Aug 2018.
• Aouar scored in a 2-1 Lyon win during Dinamo Zagreb in a UEFA Youth League organisation theatre on 22 Nov 2016; Moro was in a home line-up.
• Tousart done his UEFA Champions League entrance as a surrogate opposite Dinamo Zagreb on 14 Sep 2016. Adrian Šemper and Filip Benković both played 90 mins for Dinamo, who mislaid 3-0.
• Croatia manager Gračan was partial of a Yugoslavia side beaten 4-2 after additional time by France in a semi-finals of a 1984 Olympic Games football tournament; Yugoslavia and Gračan went on to better Italy 2-1 to win a bronze medal.
• Josip Brekalo started Croatia’s UEFA EURO 2020 qualifier opposite Wales in Osijek on 8 June, assisting his side to a 2-1 win.
Article source: https://www.uefa.com/under21/season=2019/matches/round=2000799/match=2025988/prematch/background/index.html?rss=2605566+France+v+Croatia+facts