Samsung said recently that more than 1 million people are now using a safe version of the Galaxy Note 7, Reuters reported on Thursday.
Samsung issued its recall earlier this month, offering full exchanges for units that may have been affected by faulty batteries. Defective batteries had been blamed for Galaxy Note 7 fires around the globe.
Samsung was able to successfully get replacement units in U.S. store shelves quickly, which no doubt helps factor into the latest figure. It said earlier this week that more than 60 percent of all recalled units in the U.S. and Korea had been returned.
The progress seems to be filtering out into the public, too. I took a flight yesterday and noticed that there wasn’t any sort of warning to power down my Galaxy Note 7 (I’m traveling with the new one and powered it down to avoid any sort of confrontation anyway). Perhaps the worst is over.
Article source: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/09/29/galaxy-note-7-recall-update-1-million-units/