Dragon Quest Heroes II is apparently getting a North American release next year. Best Buy’s online store listed the game before Square Enix had the chance to announce it, stating that it is scheduled for release on April 25, 2017.
The spring release makes sense for the niche game, so I’m willing to give this leak some credence.
In Japan, the game was released for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PS Vita. If we are going to follow the path of its predecessor, the game might come to just the PlayStation 4 in North America, and a PC port might follow afterwards. Best Buy doesn’t list any platforms beyond the PlayStation 4, but it does have a full description.
Embark on an adventure across new lands in Dragon Quest: Heroes 2 for PlayStation 4. This second installation lets you battle random monsters and find invitation stones to unlock new areas of play. Play Dragon Quest: Heroes 2 in single-player mode, or invite three friends to join the journey in multiplayer mode.
- New world, new story new adventures
- Transform into a monster and battle as one of them
- Over 20 playable characters each with unique moves and abilities – including a host of familiar faces from the Dragon Quest series and four brand new heroes that must team up to defeat an unknown threat looming over the Seven Realms
- Change your vocation and play in any fighting style with a variety of magic weapons
- Band together in cooperative multiplayer to conquer swarms of enemies and defeat challenging boss monsters
- For 1 player or up to 4 players in online multiplayer mode
I’m not sure I’ll double dip for Heroes II
Dragon Quest Heroes is a solid game, but I never got back into it after writing my review. My love for the franchise is offset by how little Omega Drive’s “Musou” formula inspires me. The first game put an original spin on the whole affair, letting it act more like a straight up action/RPG rather than a battlefield game, but that still was not enough to convince me to finish it.
I’m happy the game is coming and fans get to play it. I’m also pleased that Square Enix is localizing yet another Dragon Quest game, but this is one I might skip.
Article source: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/12/01/dragon-quest-heroes-ii-best-buy-leak/